The History of St Thomas Baptist Church, Exeter
St. Thomas Baptist was planted in 1940 as an outreach for Bartholomew Street Baptist Church that was formed some 189 years ago and is now closed.
It developed into a full worshipping congregation with a full-time ministry in the 1950s and moved to its present site on a mixed housing estate in 1963.
A daughter church was planted in the neighbouring district of Exwick in 1993 and has since called a full time minister.
Our Church Building
The building was refurbished and extended (June 2006) and consists of the sanctuary seating around 150, three good sized rooms used for a variety of meetings and activities, vestry, kitchen and new toilets. Refurbishment has included the provision of a new roof and the replacement of the pews with chairs. There is ample parking on and around the premises.
Click here to find out more about what happens in St Thomas.